About the Club - Compete and Race
2016 Race Season
We are a member of SCORA (Southern California Outrigger Racing Association). We plan to attend and support their entire race schedule. For more information about SCORA, and the races, please visit their website at http://www.socaloutrigger.org/race-schedule/.
Email the Coaching Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org for location information and our schedules.
On behalf of our Coaching staff, we really look forward to a great year and getting on ke kai with all of you!
WAIVERS: SCORA Waiver | PaddleSport Liability Waiver
The race season begins in May and continues through October. It is broken into three race types.
- IRON SEASON (Long Distance) - Keiki (under 17) 1-2 miles. Novice (first year) 4-6 miles. Open (returning) 8-12 miles.
- May 14: Crystal Pier - San Diego
- May 21: Rig Run - Santa Barbara
- June 4: Kahanamoku Klassic - Marina del Rey
- June 11: Ventura Outrigger Challenge - Ventura
- June 25: Outrigger Iron Championship - San Diego
- SPRINT SEASON - Races range from 400M to 1 mile.
- July 9: Noah Kalama Outrigger Classic - Long Beach
- July 16: Kahakai 9man Sprint Relay - Long Beach
- July 23: State Sprint Championship - Santa Barbara
- 9-MAN SEASON - August-September - 6 person canoes race with crews of 9 paddlers with crew-members alternating throughout the race jumping in and out of the canoe while being escorted by a chase boat and a change coach.
- August 13: Whitey Harrison - Dana Point
- August 27: Oceanside 9man - Oceanside
- September 10-11: Catalina US Championship - Newport Beach & Avalon